Look at the new CB1000R and you see a motorcycle with an enduring correctness of design. Credit its clean, essentials-only styling, a fuel-injected four-cylinder 998cc powerplant tuned for loads of right-now power, single-sided swingarm with single-shock rear suspension, plus a wealth of new features that give it its own unique identity. Whether you choose to call it a “naked bike,” or a Superbike in Clark Kent clothing, the 2011 CB1000R is the most modern iteration of a long line of much-respected high-performance unfaired four-cylinder bikes—the classic hot-rod Hondas.
2011 Honda CB1000R Specifications
|Engine Type:||998cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder|
|Bore and Stroke:||75mm x 56.5mm|
|Valve Train:||DOHC; four valves per cylinder|
|Induction:||PGM-FI Fuel Injection with automaticenrichment circuit and 36mm throttle bodies|
|Ignition:||Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping|
|Final Drive:||#530 O-ring chain|
||Front: 43mm inverted HMAS cartridge fork with spring preload, rebound and compression damping adjustability; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Single gas-charged HMAS shock with spring preload and rebound damping adjustability; 5.0 inches travel
|Brakes||Front: Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with 310mm discs
Rear: Single 256mm disc
|Tires||Front: 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear: 180/55ZR-17 radial
|Rake (Caster Angle):||25.0°|
|Trail:||99mm (3.9 inches)|
|Seat Height:||32.5 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||4.5 gallons, including 1.0-gallon reserve|
2011 Honda CB1000R features
* The CB1000R powerplant features a sport/racing heritage in the form of a compact, lightweight and powerful 998cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected inline four-cylinder engine that has been specifically retuned for a street-savvy ride with impressive amounts of low-end and midrange power.
* The crankshaft, main shaft and countershaft are situated in a triangulated configuration, with the countershaft located below the main shaft, to dramatically shorten the overall engine dimensions from front to back.
* Racing-derived 16-valve cylinder head delivers outstanding flow for optimum combustion characteristics and power production.
* Aluminum composite cylinder sleeves are high-pressure formed from sintered aluminum powder impregnated with ceramic and graphite. The lightweight composite sleeves provide enhanced wear resistance and superior heat dissipation compared to conventional sleeves.
* Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions, thereby delivering optimal performance and remarkably crisp throttle response over a wide range of operating conditions.
* Sophisticated Gravity Die-Cast technology creates a mono-backbone aluminum frame that is strong yet features thin-wall construction for light weight. This innovative technology forms the basis of a well-integrated chassis package that yields superb handling.
* Distinctively styled single-sided aluminum swingarm with single HMAS shock featuring spring preload and rebound-damping adjustability provides excellent rear suspension action along with a unique look.
* Up front, a fully adjustable 43mm inverted fork with radial-mount dual 310mm disc brakes sourced from the CBR1000RR offers leading-edge sport bike performance.
* Standard seating position delivers excellent rider comfort and tremendous versatility for long-distance travel and two-up riding.
* Short, compact and lightweight seat and tail cowl are both attractive and functional.
* Compact and stylish three-section LCD instrument panel features a multi-segment LCD tachometer.
* Distinctive triangular multi-reflector headlight, with unique LED position light.
* Distinctive cast aluminum wheels feature a swept four-spoke design.
2011 Honda CB1000R accessories
- Rear Cowl (Black),
- 3D Logo,
- Under Fender Cover,
- Chain Guide Bracket,
- Outdoor Cover