Top 100 motorcycle blogs

By | Apr 27, 2008

I know this time of the year is better for riding than for reading, but still I decided to make a list of Motorcycle blogs. I’ve called it the “Top 100 motorcycle blogs”, but I couldn’t really decide on their order, so I’ve put them in alphabetical order. I didn’t apply any complex quality rules, other than having some posts in the last 4 months – at least a sign that the author is alive and kicking!

Note: latest list update October 2009

25 . Forty Years On Two Wheels
26 . Fuzzygalore
27 . Gaijin Bikers in Japan
28 . Geezer with a Grudge
29 . GLIDER RIDER
30 . Hard Ride
31 . Harley-Davidson “Mystique”
32 . HawgBlog
91 . Twisting Asphalt
92 . uncaged librarian
93 . Utah Bike Law Blog
94 . WhyBike Motorcycle Blog
95 . Rippin-Kitten.com
96 . YamYam Biker – The Life of a 365 Biker
97 . Motorrad News Blog (German)
98 . Confessions of an Ageing Motorcyclist
98 . The Adventures of Bren and Sven
99 . David & Suzanne’s Big Frickin’ Motorcycle Adventure

Well, hope you will enjoy the blogs. I must say that it seems that most of the blogs are written about riders over 40 or 50. Does this mean I will have to wait for retirement to get some time to ride?

PS: if you think I should be adding some more blogs to the list, just add a comment and I will get back to you!

120 Comments so far
  1. Janet April 27, 2008 7:17 pm

Hey there, glad you found me and included me on the list – there is some great reading among all these blogs, thanks for a great round-up! ~ Janet/Biker Chick News

2. admin April 27, 2008 8:32 pm

Yah Janet, quite some stories, pictures from trips and stuff to follow up on some of the blogs.

3. Road Captain April 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Excellent list, good job. I know making a list with links like this is no small task. Thank you for including me. All my favorites seem to be here!

4. [...] Over at Honda Motorcycles Blog someone has posted their personal list of Top 100 Motorcycle Blogs. Seems like they got all my favorites. Good job! Check it out (click here). [...]

5. Mr. Motorcycle April 28, 2008 8:33 pm

I agree with Road Captain. I read his blog, and found yours through his post containing your list. I first of all want to thank you for putting this list togeter, second want to thank you for addigin my blog to the list. (I’m Honored). And thirdly want to thank any of the other readers out there who read my blog.

I also agree that what you did was some serious work.

A very big Thanks to you.

Mr. Motorcycle

6. rick April 29, 2008 12:51 am

Just a brief note to say thanks for the mention. It was very much appreciated!

7. Joker April 29, 2008 3:29 am

Hey!

Thanks for the nod, I’m happy to make the list. Sometimes I think nobody besides the dozen or so regular readers I’ve established even know about my blog. It’s nice to know others out there have looked me up.

Ride Safe,

Joker / Harley-Davidson Mystique Blog

8. Linda R. Moore April 29, 2008 5:43 am

LOL! I’m not 50 … yet. ;)

Thanks for finding me. You might also include http://www.ravensroads.com simply because that’s where I do my trip write-ups. It’s not all bikes but there’s a lot of bike stuff there.

Thanks for the list. It’s funny but I already recognize about 50 of these blogs. It sure is a small world. ;)

9. admin April 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Thanks everybody for the follow up! I hope the list will be an interesting resource for the raining days!

10. Dean "D-Day" April 29, 2008 3:00 pm

Sure is a small world. Glad to see that all my favorites are on the list plus some new ones for me to check out. Thanks for the add!

11. 100 motorcycle blogs April 29, 2008 9:00 pm

[...] out this list of 100 motorcycle blogs for some great [...]

12. Carl April 29, 2008 11:26 pm

How could you leave out Hell For Leather? put’s all the others to shame: http://hellforleathermagazine.com

13. Ronman April 30, 2008 5:35 am

Thanks for taking the time to create the list. I want to say thank you also for mentioning my blog. I’m honored.

Ronman

14. admin April 30, 2008 8:41 am

Hi Ronman,

Thank you for the comment and nice to see you on Motorcycle Bloggers International as well.

15. Phelan April 30, 2008 2:16 pm

Was surprised to see myself listed here. And I am still under 40, ha! Doesn’t feel like it some days, but I am. And I am with Joker on this one, didn’t think anyone knew I was out there, Thanks for the nod.

Phelan, Folllowing the Yellow Brick Road

16. Vibhu April 30, 2008 5:24 pm

Thanks for including BN ( Bike Nomads) :)

17. BN in 100 top biking blogs | BN April 30, 2008 5:32 pm

[...] 30, 2008 The Honda Motorcycles Blog has a list of 100 top biking blogs. From the blog : I know this time of the year is better for riding than for reading, but still I [...]

18. Stephanie aka IowaHarleyGirl May 4, 2008 4:37 am

Thank you for including me on your list of Top 100 Motorcycle Blogs! I’m truly honored!

19. Camron May 4, 2008 7:54 pm

Thank you very much for adding me to your list. I’m very surprised and honored to make a list like this. especially with the caliber of writing and stories you’ve included. I recognize a lot of the sites and will be sure to check out many others.I’ll keep stopping by to check out your blog as well.. I hope to see you on the road.
    Camron

20. admin May 4, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Camron,

Welcome to the list, and as you are a Harley rider, I hope I will have some more surprises for you soon! (some interviews with bloggers from the Top)

21. [...] doing the Top 100 Motorcycle blogs a couple of weeks ago, I discovered some interesting blogs about riding a motorcycle, the biker’s [...]

22. [...] the Top 100 Motorcycle blogs gave me the opportunity to get in contact with some great motorcycle bloggers. I especially enjoyed [...]

23. Praveen May 13, 2008 12:46 pm

Am honored to find my blog in the list. Thanks :)

24. Chuck May 15, 2008 10:17 am

Your list is broken: my biker blog isn’t on it.

Chuck
    The Ride Report

25. Becky May 21, 2008 5:43 pm

Thanks for including me in your top 100 biker blogs. I’m flattered. How about an interview with a female motorcyclist? Keep up the good blog.

Bikerchickz

26. admin May 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi Bikerchickz,

Of course we should do an interview with you! (check your email ;)

27. Judy Davis May 23, 2008 5:42 am

Just found thisblog today. Very helpful and some really good blogs! Would love to have mine added……………Thanks

28. admin May 23, 2008 6:16 am

Hi Judy,

Added you now!

29. Judy Davis May 23, 2008 6:53 am

Yee Haw as we say here in Texas,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Thanks for adding me!

30. Balisada May 25, 2008 1:23 am

Wow. Thanks for the include!

I didn’t really think that anyone actually read my blog.

Balisada from Rebel Sightings

31. Grail May 26, 2008 3:35 pm

A little more backstreet and do-it-yourself orientated, check it out: http://www.knucklebusterinc.com

32. Biker Ted May 26, 2008 11:27 pm

Hi there. A very belated big thank you for listing my blog in your top 100. It is always a great feeling when someone enjoys what I have to say and hopefully will give them encouragement to get out and explore for themselves.
    A great idea to interview other bloggers as we all have our own stories to tell and in some cases we can say “yes that happened to me”
    Keep up your good work.

Ted

33. Biker Betty May 31, 2008 6:43 pm

I would like to add my belated thank you for adding me to your list. I agree about the work involved, as it has taken me years to build the links in my sidebar.

I’m honored, as I barely made your criteria, lol. I’ve been remiss with my blog for a few months, but that’s changing with the riding season starting up in Colorado, YEA!!!

Thank you again, and I will get you added to my side links.

Biker Betty

34. admin May 31, 2008 6:47 pm

Hi Betty,

Thanks for noticing the list! I hope you will enjoy the other blogs on the list.

35. Biker Betty May 31, 2008 6:55 pm

I do look forward to visiting others on the list. Many I recognize and visit, but there are a few I have never visited before.

PS: My husband used to have a Nighthawk 750. He liked it a lot, but traded up for a more powerful bike last year.

36. Sam May 31, 2008 9:56 pm

Great blog! Thanks for adding mine to the list. Check out this one also, http://www.bigbendbikersforfreedom.com/
    Good stuff here.

37. admin May 31, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi Sam,

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are enjoying the interviews as well!

38. beemerchef June 1, 2008 5:21 am

At 160 I feel honored… I mean 60… Sometimes that path of Life makes us ponder wanting to express the words… In my case… it is my therapy…
    You be well… always.
    Ara & Spirit

39. Mike Greenwald June 2, 2008 5:59 pm

Good list

40. giest June 3, 2008 12:57 pm

Hey! Pleased as punch to have made your list!

41. douglas.nerad June 4, 2008 6:20 pm

Another one you might be interested in is The new Cafe (racer) Society, which covers motorcycles in culture, design and technology.

42. George June 5, 2008 8:17 pm

Seen your list and have been checking out the blogs and following some posts – would you consider my website and blog? I focus mostly on motorcycle law, news, opinion etc….

Thanks for the list…

43. Motorcycle database June 11, 2008 3:01 pm

hey, maybe it is possible to include me also to this list, my blog is http://www.bikeintro.com and i think it is worth to be top 100. i have over 50 000 visitours monthly.

44. Kaz Conroy June 12, 2008 1:02 pm

Hey…got some great links from your list…thanks…and have spent the better part of the evening reading blogs…drop into
    http://www.wwwildcats.com and have a look at what ‘s happening “down under”

cheers n beers

45. YamYam June 13, 2008 1:27 pm

Hello,

I have a relatively new blog (has been running for nearly 2 years now) and is completely about me and my experiences on two wheels. It has tracked my motorcycle life from before I had my license to now and is updated every other day, If you could add it to your list that would be ace.

Thanks!

YamYam

46. Fleeter June 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Thanks for including The Fleeter Logs on your list. It’s good to know that someone is reading and enjoying it out there. I always like to get feedback…

47. Go Motor Scooters July 17, 2008 5:14 am

Excellent list.

Here I share my own motor scooters blog if you like to take a look at it

48. G-WIZARD July 23, 2008 4:37 am

I HAVE STARTED THREE MAJOR BIKER SOCIAL SITES ONE IS BIKERNBABES.NING.COM ANOTHER ONE IS VTWINS-N-FRIENDS.NING.COM AND THE LAST IS BIKERS-N-BABES LINKED UP VIA MY WEBSITE. ALL THESE SITE ARE FREE TO JOIN IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED JUST COME JOIN THEM.

49. G-WIZARD July 23, 2008 4:41 am

MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE ADDED THE LINKS? WELL I LIKE THIS SITE FOR ALL THE DIFFERENT LINKS SO HERE WE GO!
    website: http://www.bikers-n-babes.com

50. Thejesh GN July 24, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks for the links. I am reading one by one.

51. wind in my hair August 3, 2008 5:46 am

Hi, well done great list and some excellent blogs.

Another blog you may want to add in the future is

Motorcycle Japan

great post

cheers

52. G-WIZARD August 4, 2008 5:28 am

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FOR LEAVING THE LINKS UP ON YOUR BLOG. I WILL FIND AWAY TO ADD A RSS FEED TO YOUR BLOG ON THE SITE.

53. [...] and the sense of camaraderie it inspires. So I’m happy to be included on a list of “Top 100 Motorcyle Blogs” over on the Honda Motorcycles Blog, where the CB750 Nighthawk and the CBF600s are [...]

54. Drew August 22, 2008 7:14 pm

Great list. Some interesting reading on them.

For a more Harley-orientated look at the world, check out the link above.

55. Roger Younce August 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Very nice blog and I love the list. You can add my blog to the list if you think others might be interested. Keep up the great blog.

Until next time and remember life starts at the off ramp.

Pappy

56. Sam September 2, 2008 4:37 pm

Great list! Can I get added?

Triumphdaytona675.wordpress.com – it’s not just about me saving up for a sports bike, I’ve stumbled across a few classics too.

57. Jan September 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Fun on a trike! Had always wanted to travel cross country on a motorcycle. Now I’m ready for my second trip to the West Coast.

58. WILLY D. December 1, 2008 2:35 am

Just found this list. Thanks for putting it toughter.

59. admin December 1, 2008 8:17 am

Thanks Willy and hope you will have fun reading some of the blogs now in the winter time!

60. Open Road Biker January 17, 2009 7:48 am

Nice list, it may take some time to make it through all of the sites but I plan on giving it a good try. I do have one to suggest to you though (and it is written by someone under 40).
    Open Road Biker, yes it is my site, sorry for the shameless plug but I think if you read it you will agree. Been working hard on it for a couple of years now. Drop by and tell me what you think.

61. admin January 17, 2009 8:11 am

Welcome Open Road Biker! What do you say about an interview? Have a look at the previous ones:

62. JR January 17, 2009 12:40 pm

Hi,
    Just thought I would share my blog I provide free motorcycle service manuals, tech tips, news updated daily, product reviews a classified section, a huge photo gallery and a lot more check it out

63. Glen Hughes February 23, 2009 9:20 pm

How could you leave out the Rippin Kitten blog at http://www.rippin-kitten.com its a must read for lady riders.

64. Terry Bennet March 1, 2009 7:13 pm

I’d recommend the Geezer with a Grudge Blog at http://geezerwithagrudge.blogspot.com/. This is the same guy who writes for Minnesota Motorcycle Monthly (http://www.motorbyte.com/mmm/) and there is some interesting stuff on that magazine and on the Geezer’s blog.

65. C Salsbury April 16, 2009 4:27 pm

I second the Geezer column (http://geezerwithagrudge.blogspot.com/) recommendation. He’s got the nastiest bike and gear reviews on the web. The Hyosung factory actually banned his magazine from reviewing their Korean crap after he blasted one of their junk bikes.

66. Jovi June 18, 2009 6:11 pm

A big thank you for adding my blog to your list of 100, I’m honored.

I better get reading some of those other blogs I may have missed ;)

67. Webmistress Ali August 29, 2009 1:41 am

Please don’t forget Belt Drive Betty’s Blog http://beltdrivebetty.blogspot.com/

68. Poustman September 1, 2009 12:54 am

Thanks for the list and the work that went into compiling it. Much enjoyment to be found here.

(FYI It has been a good while since you posted it, and I went through it doing some subscribing. Many links are now broken, and many more are to blogs that haven’t been updated in a long time. I’d guess that at least 80 are still good, though, so it remains very useful.)

69. admin September 1, 2009 7:33 am

Good point, I will review the links and add some more from the comments!

70. Lauren Fenwick September 26, 2009 7:07 am

Hilarious blogs about motor scooters and mishaps.

71. Fuzzygalore October 20, 2009 2:14 am

Thanks very much for including me on your list. I can see that I am in some great company.

I just picked up a few new subscriptions off of your list as well.

Thanks again.

Take Care-

72. admin October 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Guys,

I finally managed to update the Top 100 blogs, mostly cleaning up blogs that weren’t updated or went belly up. I’ve ended up with only 96 blogs, so what’s new?

73. YamYam October 28, 2009 10:52 pm

I’m a 25 year old nipper if most of your blogs are written by 40-50 year olds! ha.

All the best

YamYam

74. #82 « the Adventures of Jan & Lori October 31, 2009 4:32 am

[...] back, Jan submitted our blog to a website ranking the Top 100 Motorcycle Blogs and apparently we have been chosen. We’re listed as #82, but they are actually just in [...]

75. Buying Used RV November 12, 2009 9:32 am

Awesome list of blogs i bookmarked this post . Here is all the good quality of automotive blogs. thanks for sharing:)

76. Motorcycle Parts November 23, 2009 1:57 pm

Nice list man one day i will be on the top of your list.

77. YamYam January 14, 2010 6:24 pm

Hi

So much thanks for including me on your list. I really appreciate it a lot.

I would be interested in helping you out with an interview if you like?

All the best on your great list!

YamYam

78. Markus February 2, 2010 1:34 pm

Hello biker fans!

There is an german motorcycle blog since 2007, please add it to your list: http://www.motorrad-news.com

Many thanks from germany!
    Markus

79. admin February 3, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi Markus and Welcome to the Top 100 Motorcycle Blogs!

80. rc February 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Didn’t know I was on this list til now. Appreciate it. Thanks,rc

81. Geoff James February 20, 2010 6:35 am

Just found your site and I’m a 62 year old from New Zealand who has been riding for over 40 years, but have only just discovered blogging …I’m a late developer :-) .

Anyway, hope that you enjoy my blog:http://geoffjames.blogspot.com/

82. admin February 23, 2010 10:52 pm

Hi Geoff and welcome to the Top 100 Motorcycle Blogs!

83. 4x4 Pickup Trucks March 9, 2010 12:46 pm

Nice post…Thanks to put my blog in this awesome list here is some good quality blogs i bookmarked this page.

84. Motorcycle Transport March 11, 2010 4:27 am

Thanks so much for compiling this list, as an enthusiast and fellow rider I hae to say I will follow some of the top blogs thoroughly.

85. BrenandSven March 28, 2010 10:27 pm

Thanks for compiling such an extensive list of motorcycle blogs! I would like to ask you if you could check out my site and let me know what you think about it. A friend and I have been working on it for about 9 months now and feel it has some quality content. We would really appreciate the feedback and perhaps if you deem appropriate, a place in your list.
    Thanks,
    Bren

86. Florida Sport Bikes Blog April 20, 2010 12:21 pm

This is the best one I’ve found to date. Norm rocks. http://www.bikerlawblog.com/

87. Florida Sport Bikes Blog April 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Very few sportbike blogs in that list.

88. Frank May 7, 2010 2:21 am

This is a great list. Thank you for compiling it.

A lot of those are a good read.

89. Trailrider May 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Hi

Thanks for the list. Just what I needed since I cant ride for 6 weeks due to a knee injury. :-/

How do you get your blog added to the list? I also have a Honda blog at http://www.trailriderreports.blogspot.com.

Cheers

TR

90. Motorcycle Man June 12, 2010 11:57 pm

Thanks for the list of motorcycle blogs. There is something here for everyone’s motorcycle interest. Ride safe!

91. Lifted trucks June 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Good list of links for crazy motor-bikers like me………… Classic blogs to get the required information from it.

92. Cheap used cars buying August 2, 2010 11:16 am

Great list,
    This list is very good it will be very helpful for all the motorcycle lovers. All kind of query can be solved on motorcycle.
    Thanx for providing such a great list.

Regards,
    Cheap used cars buying

93. iWrench October 17, 2010 1:53 pm

Hi,
    Great list!
    If you have time, please check my blog at: http://toolsjapan.blogspot.com/
    The blog is about a father and son’s motorcycle (etc.) repair and riding experiences.
    Please also check the other blogs listed inside my blog. They are separate blogs showing my son repairing / restoring several motorcycles like a KS2, Katana 750, Aprilia Climber, GPZ400, etc…and some of our riding photos.
    Many thanks!
    Cheers!

94. David October 19, 2010 12:26 am

Would love it if you took a look at my blog for inclusion.

I update several times a week, so the content is fresh.

It’s a humor/satire site chronicling the mis-adventures of touring on a Victory Vision.

David & Suzanne’s Big Frickin’ Motorcycle Adventure.

Many thanks.

David

95. admin October 24, 2010 9:41 am

Added!

96. GotoMoto December 31, 2010 10:27 pm

Are there plans to update this list for 2011? I applaud you on your effort. It must have taken a lot of time to make this list.

97. Brewster January 2, 2011 6:17 pm

great info and stories on the sites. Thank

98. Honda ATVs January 10, 2011 2:27 pm

Amazing list,
    this information is very very helpful for all the bikes lovers like me.
    Thanx for sharing this great information with us….

99. Peterbilt trucks January 24, 2011 6:57 am

Good post…Thanks for putting so many blogs here of the relavent category,
    these are really helpful for me to know about motorcycles in detail…
    thanks for sharing…

100. Motorcycle Show February 5, 2011 4:35 pm

Since I am a Motorcycle blogger this list will help me a lot to follow top bloggers of my interest. I hope one day my blog will also take place in this list.

101. Larry February 15, 2011 2:15 am

That’s a great list and took me some time to work through even though it’s a couple of years old now.

Can I recommend another blog for the list? It’s more of a mechanics how to blog but still worth a read if you’ve ever wanted to know some theory or stuff for bikes like the XS750, CB750 or just cafe racers in general. Check out the Bikearama Motorcycle Blog/ Take a look at some of the motorcycle fails on there also. :)

Cheers,

Larry.

102. Arc April 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Hope someday im one of the top 100 motorcycle i well post a good picture for my blog,visit my site at motorcyclepartshop.webs.com

103. Otter May 7, 2011 2:29 pm

Thanks for the list. I’m a new motorcycle blogger (in somewhat intimidating company, when I look at that list!) focusing primarily on touring, at http://www.openthrottletouring.com/blog.php.

104. David May 25, 2011 12:49 am

Don’t forget http://www.motorcycledaily.com/

I am not affiliated, but do enjoy it.

105. ara & spirit May 25, 2011 7:46 am

Thank you for always including our Blog in your list. Almost 5 years now on the road full time… a bit over 650 entries, thousands of photos and comments, it overwhelms me myself.
    Be well… always, Ara & Spirit

106. Honda Motorcycle Parts June 3, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks, I want to add to hopefully a good blog site that is just for Honda Repair questions. I think people needs a place to go to post repair issues and get issues resolved somehow by others.

hey, something to try….

Hope it takes off and people can help each other.

107. Bike trader July 20, 2011 11:29 am

Awesome list ever, I will go through all the list anyways i got some good motorcycle blogs might be good read for me.

108. Motorbikes for Sale August 18, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi

Thanks for such a good list .Please expand further

Eric

109. [...] ca. Visit the auction site and make a bid on the service. Best Motorcycle Repair santa rosa ca Great deals with motorcycle or scooter repairs in santa rosa ca. Visit the auction site and make a b…ca" href="http://www.intownauction.com">Best Motorcycle Repair santa rosa ca WordPress [...]

110. Monsterbiker01 October 22, 2011 1:13 am

http://monsterbiker01.blogspot.com/ That is my real blog if u crazy for motorcycle just come here ! Hope u like it.

111. Ara and Spirit October 23, 2011 3:24 am

Thank you for including us… And, well, I am 63… Spirit is a bit over 7 (x7=49!). You will get there…
    We just entered our 6th year on the road, close to 700 entries. It is an unlike form of therapy as we are on it’s path.
    Be well… Ara & Spirit

112. malick December 1, 2011 3:11 pm

watch Honda Motorcycle launching show at Dubai http://veathika.com/2011/11/honda-motorcycles-at-dubai-motor-show/

113. Bud Miller December 29, 2011 2:31 am

Hi, I write a blog and would love to be considered for your list. Please check us out and see what you think:

Thanks and ride safe!

114. Becca February 9, 2012 8:00 pm

I’ve been looking for a list like this for a while. I’m a biker blogger in my 20s, so we do exist. I’ll definitely be checking out several of these blogs and hope their writers are still keepin’ at it. If you’re still adding to the list. My blog is
    Thanks for the great resource.

115. tomo February 17, 2012 7:32 pm

hi,
    I would like to add this nice blog:

116. [...] was made aware of his blog a couple weeks ago when they made a post about the Top 100 Motorcycle Blogs which had almost all my favorite motorcycle bloggers on it. After that it earned a spot on my [...]

117. john March 24, 2012 1:40 am

Good list, and here’s my blog, with a link to BikeBandit.com who is having a big sale on tires, helmets and other accessories this weekend:

Thanks,

John “Bur”

118. Randy Higgins April 5, 2012 3:21 pm

I see the now abandoned Hard Ride listed on here, but not the ever-updated Hard Ride Motorcycle Blog ( Hard Ride, a Motorcycle Pilgrimage).
    Cheers.

119. Phill K December 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Hi, I write a blog and would like to be considered for your list. Please check us out and see what you think:
    Thanks

120. Anne October 21, 2013 8:29 am

Thank you for putting this list together.
    Check out our motorcycle blog – all written by riders for riders: