With the 2013 CRF450R, Honda elevates the level of performance for 450-class motocross machines. This brand-new machine features a rolling chassis fully focused on meeting the needs of today’s “scrub generation” of riders by integrating an all-new aluminum frame along with an innovative suspension package, plus a strategically engineered short dual-muffler exhaust system that tucks in closely to the center of mass. Designed from the get-go as a total package that would be eminently flickable, responsive and lightweight, every element in the 2013 CRF450R chassis has been focused on attaining a low center of gravity along with class-leading mass centralization. The new-concept KYB PSF® (Pneumatic Spring Fork) is significantly lighter since both main springs have been removed and it allows incorporation of a larger, more sophisticated 32mm cartridge damper piston that resets traditional thinking for front suspension performance. That’s matched with a new single-shock Pro-Link® rear suspension, plus a revised engine that churns out an awe-inspiring hit in the low-end and midrange along with massive top-end power. There’s also a new six-spring clutch, a stouter transmission and much, much more. Bottom line: The 450 motocross machine that has become the ride of choice for many top-level AMA Pro riders now grows even stronger for 2013.
New for 2013
– All-new aluminum frame and swingarm.
– All-new lighter subframe and airbox.
– All-new air fork—KYB PSF® (Pneumatic Spring Fork).
– All-new rear shock with updated settings.
– All-new short and compact dual-muffler exhaust system.
– Bold new styling features an aggressive look.
– Improved footpeg mount features a patented debris-shielding design.
– All-new front and rear disc rotor covers.
– All-new MX51FA 80/100-21 front tire.
– Increased fuel capacity from 1.50 gallons to 1.66 gallons.
– Updated Unicam® engine.
– All-new piston with increased compression ratio (from 12.0:1 to 12.5:1).
– New two-hole oil jet adds extra cooling to the piston’s underside.
– Cylinder head with revised porting and larger exhaust valves (from 30mm to 31mm).
– Revised cam timing.
– All-new six-spring clutch and updated transmission.
– All-new radiators are mounted lower in the chassis.
– Revised fuel injection and ignition settings.
Honda Genuine Accessories†
– HRC PGM-FI Tuning Kit, Red Billet Engine Cap, Skidplate, Work Stand
2013 Honda CRF450R – Specifications
|Engine Type:||449cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke|
|Bore and Stroke:||96mm x 62.1mm|
|Valve Train:||Unicam, four-valve; 36mm intake, titanium; 31mm exhaust, steel|
|Induction:||PGM-FI, 46mm throttle body|
|Ignition:||Full transistor with electronic advance|
|Final Drive:||#520 chain; 13T/48T|
|Suspension||Front: 48mm inverted KYB PSF® (Pneumatic Spring Fork) with rebound and compression-damping adjustability. 12.2 inches travel.
Rear: Pro-Link® KYB single shock with adjustable spring preload, rebound damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed and high-speed; 12.4 inches travel
|Brakes||Front: Single 240mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 240mm disc
|Tires||Front: Dunlop MX51FA 80/100-21
Rear: Dunlop MX51 120/80-19
|Rake (Caster Angle):||27°04 ‘|
|Trail:||116mm (4.57 inches)|
|Seat Height:||37.5 inches|
|Ground Clearance:||13.0 inches|
|Fuel Capacity:||1.66 gallons|
|Curb Weight*:||242.7 pounds|
*Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride.