Expectations in the Sport category of ATVs have reached an elevated level of comfort and high performance thanks to the TRX700XX, which offers double-wishbone Independent Rear Suspension (IRS), unique centered chain-drive system and a fuel-injected 686cc engine making monster torque.
New for 2009:
* New Metallic Black color with graphics joins Metallic Black/Silver and Metallic Black/Red
Features & Benefits
* 686cc SOHC liquid-cooled fuel-injected four-valve single-cylinder four-stroke engine.
* Double-wishbone, Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) with tuned swaybar.
* Centered chain final drive system.
* 11-inch-diameter rear rims with removable mud scrapers.
* 686cc SOHC, four-stroke engine generates the highest peak output in its class.
* Liquid cooling provides consistent engine operating temperature in extreme conditions for maximum power and long engine life.
* PGM fuel-injection system with 44mm throttle body for excellent cold-weather starting, lower maintenance and consistent performance at high altitudes (see Technology Section).
* In-gear starting in forward or easy-to-use Reverse
* Gear-driven counterbalancer minimizes engine vibration for smooth, comfortable all-day riding.
* Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioner.
* Closed-crankcase vent system safeguards against engine oil contamination.
* Full transistorized ignition with electronic advance.
* USDA-qualified stainless-steel muffler/spark arrester for quiet operation and maximum power.
* Heavy-duty clutch stands up to sport-ATV demands.
* High-efficiency dry-sump lubrication system features large-capacity oil tank for maximum engine cooling.
* Rugged five-speed transmission with Reverse has components and ratios specifically designed for sport-ATV use.
* Unique, centered transmission with its direct-line chain final drive allows optimum IRS double-wishbone A-arm design.
* Independent double-wishbone, adjustable-preload front suspension uses premium shock absorbers featuring dual single-rate springs that allow a lighter, more compact package with 10.5 inches of fully useable travel.
* Independent double-wishbone rear suspension, made possible by the innovative centered chain drive system, features steel upper and aluminum lower A-arms. Using piggyback, adjustable-preload reservoir shocks, the system provides 9.3 inches of fully useable travel.
* Steel frame with removable subframe is extremely durable and strong.
* Triple disc brakes for excellent stopping power and weight savings.
* Special, large-diameter 11-inch aluminum rear wheels allow for ideal CV joint angles and A-arm lengths, resulting in superior power delivery, optimum suspension action and improved durability.
* Radial tires with knobby pattern provide superb traction and cornering ability.
* Durable, heavy-duty O-ring- sealed drive chain.
* Easy-to-use dual snail-cam eccentric chain adjusters.
* Engine design meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
* Convenient pushbutton electric starting.
* Sculpted, plush seat provides excellent comfort and superb sport riding ergonomics.
* Uniquely aggressive sport styling.
* Cowl-integrated headlight with dual 30-watt bulbs provides distinctive sport style and excellent function.
* High-visibility, long-life LED brake light.
* Easy access to washable two-stage large-capacity foam air filter.
* Tough, polyethylene push bar up front and polypropylene rear A-arm protectors.
* High-impact urethane skidplate protects frame and engine cases.
* Rear mudguards with rigid footrests.
* 8AH maintenance-free battery.
* Keyed ignition switch offers added security.
* Simple-to-operate multifunction handlebar switch.
* Left-hand-operated parking brake.
* Tool kit includes tire-pressure air gauge and owner’s manual.
* Transferable one-year, limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
* When you buy a new Honda Powersports Product, you may be eligible to receive a complimentary one year membership in the Honda Riders Club of America, which includes an exclusive Members-only magazine, rider training benefits, access to the Members-only Clubhouse website and much more. Some limitations apply. For more information on the HRCA, log on to hrca.honda.com.
Honda Genuine Accessories
* Flag Kit.